Merrell Pure Glove
To highlight the features of the Barefoot soles, Merrell developed uppers comprising the strict minimum.
The extremely flexible and light-weight structure of the shoe never constrains the foot. The roll of the foot is more natural and confers a sensation of total liberty.
Merrell Pure Glove shoe features:
- Upper made of mesh and Lycra
- Velcro fastener for precise and reliable tightening
- Vibram® Bare sole
In conjunction with Merrell, Vibram® has created a range of soles for very light, minimalist shoes that adapt to the foot and enable total freedom of movement. The exclusive Vibram® Bare sole was derived from the barefoot technology developed for the Vibram FiveFingers®. Due to the reduced volume and thickness, the foot is in close contact with the ground, posture is more natural, the body and its muscles operate differently, stability is improved and movements are more efficient.
The tread of the sole is optimised for the various functions of the different parts of the foot, e.g. maximum traction under the toes, sensitivity and resistance to wear under the metatarsus section, grip and stability under the heel. It is the three main characteristics of the Vibram® Bare sole that confer the perfect "barefoot" feeling.
- Flexion: The flexible lines of the sole under the toes and metatarsus section facilitate freedom of movement.
- Impact Zones: Reinforcements are inserted under the front section of the foot (for runners who land primarily on this section) and under the heel (for runners who land on the rear of the foot).
- Protection: A thin EVA midsole protects the heel, arch and metatarsus section, but does not attenuate the impression of running barefoot.
Technology and Compound
- High performance compound for indoor work/service applications
- Superior grip on wet surfaces
- Exceeds EN13287 SRC slip and ISO 20345 material performance requirements