Date of birth: 24/5/1988
Lives in: Strengen
Profession: Radiology assistant, pro climber.
Barbara (Babsi) first started climbing at 14 when her brother took her to the gym and she enjoyed it from the very first moment. Climbing in the gym regularly, she could hardly imagine that climbing on a rock would be so much better than inside. She was pleasantly surprised. In 2009, Babsi suffered a herniated disc, which made her change her attitude toward rock climbing a bit, as she wasn’t allowed to boulder for a long time. Today she enjoys exploring the different styles of climbing. Babsi loves being outdoors and traveling to various regions to try out cool alpine routes, sport multipitch routes, trad climbs or sport climbs. Climbing and the lifestyle it involves are important to her and she likes to rise to a challenge and master it. Her goals for the future are free climbing 'The Nose' (5.14), on El Capitan and big wall climbing in Madagascar.
- 3 FFA (first female ascent) free climbs on El Capitan, Yosemite (El Nino, Zodiac, Magic Mushroom)
- FFA (first ascent) Gondo Crack trad 8c/
- Hardest free climb on the Eiger north face “Odyssee” 33 pitches up to 8a+
- FFA Alpine Trilogy (End of Silence, Silbergeier, Kaisers neue Kleider)
- Sport climbs up to 9a
- First female bouldering 8b 2008
- National Geographic Adventurer of the Year 2018